BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Exodus 20:24-26

I love the Bible because it is living and it keep talking to me.

I was looking back on my posts in this blog and I realized that how many times I have wrote negligently especially with my language. Gosh, I wish I will take blogging more seriously and that my God's name will be glorified and know through this blog. Oh Lord Jesus, may you grant me the wisdom and the gift of writing that in my blog, many would hear about Your name.

In my morning devotion, (I was still grasping through the Bible in one year) today, my reading is on Exodus 19-21. My heart stopped (literally )when I read Exodus 20:24-26 because God was speaking to me through these few verses.

Exo 20:24 - "Make an altar of earth for Me and sacrifice on it your burn offerings and fellowship offerings; your sheep, goats and cattle.

Meaning of burnt offering (biblegateway.com): In Hebrew it means "ascending" where the whole being consumed by fire and as regarded that the whole being is ascended to God.

Meaning of fellowship offering (biblegateway.com): Another word for fellowship offering is "peace offering" or "thank offering". This indicate that he person who offer the offering already reconciled and make peace with God.

In explanation: This very verse in Exo 20:21 is urging us to come before the Lord in bringing burn offering and fellowship offering to Him, which in laymen term it mean bringing our lives which included our body, desires, hopes, sorrows and pain to "ascend" it all to God. (which also included out sins, as we confessed our sin it is ascend to God and in return we receive forgiveness). We are also to bring an fellowship offering to God, in laymen term it mean a relationship with God. We can go to God and have a relationship with Him because we have reconciliation through the blood of Jesus Christ, so now we are called into sonships.

Action: As a whole being offered all that I have included our goats, sheep, cattle (in today's word, it mean my possessions, house, desires, money, career, and etc) to God
And also because of what Jesus has done I am now having a relationship with Him.

Have I surrender all that I have to God today? and Am I having a relationship with Him, bringing to Him our sins and to reconcile with Him?

Exo 20:24 - {NIV) Wherever, I caused my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you.
NLT : "build my altar wherever I caused my name to be remembered, and I will come to you and bless you.

Today, to build God's altar mean the place "where God appeared" and it many times build as an memorial that God appeared.

God's altar today is Christian. We are God's altar because our body is the temple of God now (1 Cor 6:19) and a lot of time our lives is as memorial of the presence of God in this world. Which is why it is so important for us in our action, and live to keep an good memorial of GOD, so other see our lives and would see God.

The most lovely verse came after that when He say "I will come to you and bless you" - It is an guarantee, a seal covenant that God is blessing His altars (Christian, His children). Oh What a great comfort! What a great comfort. :) I'm opening my hand, to receive His blessing.... hey, you should try that too :)

Action: Is my life show a good memorial of God or the other way? I, as the altar have the responsibility to Glorified God's in our action and lives.



wowowow... one verse already God says so much to me. I will learned from Him. Got to go now... will continue hopefully ;p






3 comments:

Carol said...

I like your post Ruffi. I was just pondering this very passage in my Daily Bible. Thanks for your insight.

Diana Anunda said...

I love this!

Unknown said...

This scripture (Ex20:24) was ministered to me. For days I could not comprehend it, until I came upon this wonderful insight. Thanks Ruffie!